Mr Wesley Spargo
Physiotherapist/PT, MSPT, Cert. DN, APAM, Athlete.
Special interest in hip/groin pain.
Wesley was born and educated in Melbourne, Australia, completing his Master of Physiotherapy Practice (Physical Therapy) at La Trobe University in 2017. He was awarded the "LifeCare Physiotherapy Award", which is awarded to the graduating PT student who obtained the highest mark in the area of Private Practice. He is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association and the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
Wesley's goal is to give you control over your health, facilitate healing and restore efficient movement and comfort as quickly as possible. This is achieved through proven hands-on techniques, one-on-one consultation, individualized rehabilitation programs and bespoke management plans designed for each client. Wesley has had invaluable experience in delivering high-standard sports rehab and has developed a reputation as the professional to go to for rehabilitation after an injury and also athletic performance for a variety of sports. Get in touch to find out more and to book your first appointment.
Wesley has been coaching athletes to perform their best in their respective sports for over 10 years and has a wealth of experience working with people from a broad spectrum of ages.
Wesley is currently a national level athlete in Australia for the 400m Hurdles and his greatest lifetime performances include placing third in Australia at the national championships in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Wesley also placed second in the RMAC NCAA conference championships in South Dakota, 2016, during his Track scholarship at Westminster College, SLC, UT.
Wesley's passion is helping others perform at their best, no matter what goal. Whether this is sports-related or simply a daily task or function, Wesley will be there to help.
Through his Master's program, Wesley is trained in manual therapy including sports massage, spinal/joint mobilisation and spinal manipulation. Wesley is also trained in exercise prescription for musculoskeletal disorders and also in the diagnosis of dysfunction in human movement. He dedicated his final Masters project on the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of hip & groin pain in athletes, and developed a website to help young health professionals grasp this historically tricky injury. This is found here: https://physiotherapyforathleticgroininjuries.wordpress.com/
Wesley has been:
- The PT for the United States National Handball Team in Mexico 2022) and the World Championships in Sweden (2023)
- The Physiotherapist for the Australian and British Olympic Bobsled Teams during the 2021 World Cup/World Championships
- A Physiotherapist across multiple aged-care sites in Melbourne, Australia, treating patients with stroke, parkinson's disease, dementia, general deconditioning and other medical conditions.
- Experienced in musculoskeletal, cardiorespiratory and neurological physiotherapy in the hospital setting in Australia and in the United States
- Works with La Roca Futbol Club as their Sports Medicine Provider
- Works with youth football and soccer players for both injury management and sports performance
- Works with older populations to manage common orthopaedic complaints including osteoarthritis.
- Rehabilitates individuals post-surgery
- Prepares individuals for surgery
- Conservatively manages those who've been recommended surgery but wish to avoid the need for this through tailored exercise programs
- And more!
The APA is one of the world's leading organisations for providing professional development, high level education and advocacy for physiotherapists. Wesley is a proud member and continues to update his education through the APA.